Please be patient! It may take up to ONE minute to load all the Engines.
Problems? Please contact our support.
Alternative namesPoisoning from an overdose of sodium hypochlorite.
Poisonous IngredientSodium hypochlorite
Home TreatmentDO NOT INDUCE VOMITING.
If the chemical is on the skin or eyes, wash with lots of water.
If the chemical was swallowed, give milk or water for dilution.
Before Calling EmergencyDetermine the following information:
Poison Control, or a local emergency numberThey will instruct you if it is necessary to take the patient to the hospital. Take the container with you to the emergency room.
What to expect at the emergency roomSome or all of the following procedures may be performed:
Expectations (prognosis)There is a good chance of recovery if proper treatment is given soon after the poison was swallowed.
Update Date: 7/31/2003Ari Schwell, M.D., Director, Emergency Department of the Episcopal Campus of Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA. Review provided by VeriMed Healthcare Network.
Last updated: Tue, 06 Jan 2009 00:20:03 GMT