Please be patient! It may take up to ONE minute to load all the Engines.
Problems? Please contact our support.
Alternative namesPoisoning caused by consumption of plant material from Jack-in-the-pulpit.
Wipe out the mouth with a cold, wet cloth. Give milk to drink.
Wash skin with water. If eye involvement, irrigate eyes with water.
Before Calling EmergencyDetermine the following information:
Poison Control, or a local emergency numberThey will instruct you if it is necessary to take the person to the hospital. See Poison Control centers for telephone numbers and addresses. Bring the plant with you to the emergency room for identification.
What to expect at the emergency room
Expectations (prognosis)Plants containing oxalic acid may cause swelling severe enough to block the airway, but this is very rare.
Update Date: 2/23/2004Cherlin Johnson, M.D., Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA. Review provided by VeriMed Healthcare Network.
Last updated: Tue, 06 Jan 2009 00:20:03 GMT