Please be patient! It may take up to ONE minute to load all the Engines.
Problems? Please contact our support.
Ink - writing
Alternative namesPoisoning from an ingestion of writing ink.
Poisonous IngredientWriting ink is generally considered non-toxic.
Home TreatmentFor any toxic ingestion or allergic reaction, seek emergency medical care immediately. Large amounts of writing ink must be consumed (more than an ounce) before treatment is necessary. Call Poison Control for further guidance.
Before Calling EmergencyDetermine the following information:
Poison Control, or a local emergency numberThey will instruct you if it is necessary to take the person to the hospital. See Poison Control centers for telephone numbers and addresses. Take the container with you to the emergency room.
What to expect at the emergency roomSome or all of the following procedures may be performed:
As these products are generally considered non-toxic, recovery is very likely.
Update Date: 4/16/2004Cherlin Johnson, M.D., Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA. Review provided by VeriMed Healthcare Network.
Last updated: Tue, 06 Jan 2009 00:20:03 GMT