Please be patient! It may take up to ONE minute to load all the Engines.
Problems? Please contact our support.
Alternative namesIngestion of high amounts of wax or crayons.
Poisonous IngredientIn general, wax is not poisonous. If a child eats a small amount of crayon, the wax will pass through the child's system without causing a problem. However, if a child eats a large amount of crayon or wax, the intestines could potentially become blocked.
Home TreatmentCall Poison Control.
Before Calling EmergencyDetermine the following information:
Poison Control, or a local emergency numberA poison control center will instruct you if it is necessary to take the patient to the hospital. See Poison Control Centers for telephone numbers and addresses. Bring a sample with you to the emergency room.
What to expect at the emergency room
If it is necessary to go to the emergency room, symptoms will be treated.
Expectations (prognosis)Recovery is very likely.
Update Date: 2/26/2003A.D.A.M. editorial. Previous review by Kevin G. Wheeler, M.D., Department of Emergency Medicine, Boston Medical Center, Boston, MA. Review provided by VeriMed Healthcare Network (2/2/2002).
Last updated: Tue, 06 Jan 2009 00:20:03 GMT